It’s time for America’s most beloved web game, “Real or Fake?“, where you guess whether a news item is full of truth or just full of it.
Play along by reading a headline or story summary below, then deciding if you think it’s a real story from a proper news site or a fake, from somewhere like The Onion. After you’ve made your pick, click “Answer” to reveal the truth, then read more by clicking the link.
Limber up, because you don’t want to pull a hammy when you answer the question:
Is it Real or Fake?
1. Ikea Tests Out “Manland,” a Holding Pen For Bored Male Shoppers (Answer)
It’s Real! Though as the article notes, the 30 minute time limit seems woefully short.
2. RIAA Sues Radio Stations For Giving Away Free Music (Answer)
It’s Fake! That is, it’s fake for now, at least.
3. New Age Terrorists Develop Homeopathic Bomb Overseas (Answer)
4. 5 Facebook Profile Pics That Make You Look Like a Tool (Answer)
It’s Real! There was a time when CNN was a respectable news organization, right?
5. Wyoming House Advances Doomsday Bill, Featuring New Currency, Military Draft, and Acquisition of Aircraft Carrier (Answer)
That’s all the stupid this site can handle for one day. Got your own submission? Send it over for the next edition!